I am a PhD student in mathematics at Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg and part of the the working groups of my advisors Petra Schwer and Thomas Kahle. Formerly, I studied at WWU Münster and completed my Masters degree under the supervision of Linus Kramer.
Geometric group theory in connection with topology is my main research interest. The subject of my current research are the combinatorics of non-affine Coxeter groups within the context of my PhD studies.
Previously, I wrote my Bachelor and Master thesis on the local structure of locally compact groups and on a geometric proof of the strong Hanna Neumann conjecture.The former deals mainly with local splitting properties of these groups.
- Talk: "What is... Hilbert's ultra-parallel theorem for hyperplanes", WISST Seminar, Magdeburg
- Talk "Reflection length in hyperbolic Coxeter groups", HaJe MaDre Algebra-Seminar, virtual
- Attended: Groups in Madrid Conference, Madrid, Spain
- Technical support for: Northern German Group Theory Colloquium, online
- Attended: Buildings 2021 Conference, Magdeburg, Germany.
- Talk: "Reflection length in hyperbolic Coxeter groups II", MathCoRe fellows seminar, Magdeburg
- Supervised: DAAD-founded internship: "Programming a geometric realisation of hyperbolic Coxeter groups".
- Attended: World of GroupCraft Conference, online
- Attended: Summer school Berlin 2021: The dual approach to Coxeter and Artin groups, Berlin, Germany
- Attended: Young geometric group theory X Conference, online
- Attended: Das Grüppchen 2021 Conference, online
- Talk: "What is... the basic construction?", WISST Seminar, Magdeburg
- Talk: "What is... a hyperbolic space?", WISST Seminar, Magdeburg
- Talk: "Reflection length in hyperbolic Coxeter groups", MathCoRe fellows seminar, Magdeburg
- Attended: BYMAT 2020 Conference, virtual.
- Attended: Combinatorial Coworkspace Conference, Hirschegg, Austria.
- Attended: Young geometric group theory IX Conference, Saint-Jacut-de-la-mer, France.
- Talk: "What are... local groups?", WISST Seminar, Magdeburg
- Attended: Buildings 2019 Conference, Magdeburg, Germany.
- Talk: "Iwasawa’s local splitting theorem for locally compact groups", 2019, Magdeburg, Germany.