Dr. Olga Varghese
I am a postdoc in the Geometry group of Prof. Dr. Petra Schwer and I am supported by DFG grant VA 1397/2-1.
Geometric group theory, topological groups, automatic continuity
- A note on semicompleteness of graph products of abelian groups (joint work with Philip Möller). Preprint, (2022).
- On parabolic subgroups of Artin groups (joint work with Philip Möller and Luis Paris). Preprint, (2022).
- Automatic continuity for groups whose torsion subgroups are small (joint work with Daniel Keppeler, Philip Möller). To appear in Journal of Group Theory (2022).
- Abstract group actions of locally compact groups on CAT(0) spaces (joint work with Philip Möller).
To appear in Groups, Geometry and Dynamics (2021).
- Coxeter quotients of the automorphism group of a Coxeter group.
To appear in Algebraic & Geometric Topology (2022).
- The automorphism group of the universal Coxeter group. Expositiones Mathematicae, Vol. 39, Issue 1, (2021), 129-136.
- A Nunke type classification in the locally compact setting (joint work with Samuel M. Corson).
Journal of Algebra 563 (2020), 49-52.
- On number of ends of graph products of groups.
Communications in Algebra 48, no. 6, (2020), 2418-2427.
- A note on locally elliptic actions on cube complexes (joint work with Nils Leder).
Innovations in Incidence Geometry: Algebraic, Topological and Combinatorial 18-1 (2020), 1-6.
- On hyperbolicity and virtual freeness of automorphism groups.
Geometriae Dedicata 207, (2020), 51-60.
- Conjugating automorphisms of graph products: Kazhdan's property (T) and SQ-universality (joint work with Anthony Genevois).
Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society 101 (2020), no. 2, 272–282.
- Abstract homomorphisms from locally compact groups to discrete groups (joint work with Linus Kramer).
Journal of Algebra, vol. 538, (2019), 127-139.
- A condition that prevents groups from acting fixed point free on cube complexes.
Geometriae Dedicata 200 (2019), no. 1, 85–91.
- On coherence of graph products of groups and Coxeter groups.
Discrete Mathematics, vol. 342(7), (2019), 2100-2105.
- Planarity of Cayley graphs of graph products of groups.
Discrete Mathematics, vol. 342(6), (2019), 1812-1819.
- Representations of groups with CAT(0) fixed point property.
Archiv der Mathematik, vol. 111(3), (2018), 231-238.
- Actions of SAut(Fn).
Archiv der Mathematik, vol. 110(4), (2018), 319-325.
- Fixed points for actions of Aut(Fn ) on CAT(0) spaces.
Münster Journal of Mathematics, vol. 7, (2014), 439-462.
- since 2021 DFG-Project at OvGU Magdeburg
- 2016-2017 half a year parental leave and half a year part time
- 2016 Birth of a second child
- 2015-2020 Postdoc at WWU Münster
- 2012-2013 visiting Benson Farb at University of Chicago
- 2010-2015 PhD studies at WWU Münster
- 2007 Birth of a first child
- 2005-2010 studies of mathematics and computer science at WWU Münster